Saturday, September 8, 2012

Test Kitchen: Lemony Creme

I saw this recipe for Italian Lemon Creme on Dimes2Vines and immediately thought I had to give it a try as a filling for my sweet crepes, a follow-up to savory crepes. If you have not checked out this website, I encourage you to do so as there are some really great posts. The following recipe is based on the recipe referenced above, with slight modifications.



Ingredients
2 cups ricotta cheese (1 15-ounce container) - if you have homemade that is awesome. I used this.
1 pasture egg
1/4 cup honey, I used local honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1-2 lemons)

How To:
1. Combine the first four ingredients through salt in a medium bowl and mix well (I used a hand mixer).

2. Mix in lemon juice by hand.



3. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve! I sprinkled with a small amount of coconut crystals.

Comments:
I think this will make a perfect filling for my crepes and was also a tasty little treat on its own. Very quick and easy to make. I could also see using this mixed with berries or other fruit for a decadant breakfast treat.

 
Follow me on Facebook or Google Plus!
 

2 comments:

  1. How many people would this serve just on its own? Wanting to make it for a small group tonite...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes about 2 1/2 to 3 cups total, so it would depend on serving sizes. I think it's best as part of something, like with berries or as a filling. The step 2 picture is the entire batch, nearly at the end (just before adding lemon juice). I hope you enjoy!

      Delete

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...