- Your favorite lettuce (spinach, romaine, cabbage, iceberg, watercress, Boston, arugula, etc. - or any combination thereof), washed and chopped into bite sized pieces. I used romaine, 4 leaves, and removed the spines.
- Various fruits, nuts, seeds, veggies, meats, cheeses, herbs, flax, chia, etc. (the possibilities are endless, see comments below for the ingredients used in the salad shown in the picture), washed and chopped as necessary
- A little olive oil and vinegar (I used balsamic)
- A squirt of lemon or lime juice (optional)
- Sea salt & ground pepper (optional)
Arrange ingredients in a large bowl or on a plate, drizzle with olive oil, add a splash of vinegar, and sprinkle with salt & pepper, if using.
The salad in the photo above combined 4 leaves of romaine lettuce, about 1/4 English cucumber, 1 avocado, 4 strawberries sliced, 6-7 grape tomatoes cut in half, raw milk cheddar cheese, sunflower seeds, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Very good!!