Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mushroom and Walnut Pate

This post is evidence I am a chicken... You see, I've been trying to find a way to incorporate organ meats into my diet, but I have a lingering fear of all things subconsciously labeled "innards".

Okay, I know it's silly--I mean, I used to eat McDonalds for goodness sake... pink slime anyone? But that doesn't change anything now... So, after someone recommended a chicken liver pate as a good start on my journey to this interior realm, I chickened out, and made this instead......

 


Today you'll find me over at LittleOwlCrunchyMomma sharing this recipe for Mushroom and Walnut Pate. If you haven't checked out this blog yet, you definitely should. There is a lot of really interesting and helpful information about living a more natural life, including delicious recipes. One of my favorite recent posts was about Spirulina and I can't wait to try her Bacon and Cauliflower Frittata (oven-free). Be sure to like her on facebook or follow her on Twitter and Pinterest.
 
Plus, this Mushroom and Walnut Pate recipe is featured there today so I hope you'll join me over there!   

 
Follow me on Facebook or Google Plus!

 
 


15 comments:

  1. Well if it is any consolation, I share in your fear! I def. have a fear of mushy organ parts. I have tried and tried....I just don't like em! This is a fantastic substitute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! I am glad I am not the only one. I did try buying the chicken braunschweiger from us wellness thinking I would sneak it into my chili and that sort of thing but it just seems so big and I don't know... We're probably over-thinking it! :)

      You'll have to let me know if you find something you like.

      Delete
  2. Well Linda, I am planning on trying this because it looks so good. Here is how I feel about the organ meat issue, I've tried them, I don't like them......I'm not eating them! That's all there is to that. LOL I think life is way to short to force yourself to eat anything that makes you have to take a deep breath before consuming it!! But see there are substitutes like the one you have here! BTW I really appreciate your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - that is great to hear!!

      And I think you have the right idea about food! I am going to keep that in mind next time I feel myself needing to take a deep breath before eating something. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Thanks Linda that was a great idea. I tried it and it's delicious! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an excellent sub for the chicken liver!! Great idea! Thanks for sharing at Foodtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks yummy even without the liver. But . . . make this with all those yummy mushrooms and throw a little liver in at a time (with a little bacon) and I bet you will start to get used to the pate with liver. :) I do plan on making this liverless mushroom pate though. Looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea, though, to add in a little liver. Thanks for the comment!

      I hope you enjoy. :)

      Delete
  6. I'll take mushrooms over chicken liver ANY day! lol
    Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I think that's how most of us feel. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I haven't had mushrooms in over 15 years, but the way you present it, makes me actually crave them right now!
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza! Hope to see you there again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on incorporating mushroom in your recipe. :) Mushrooms are good carriers of protein and fiber, which makes it a good tool in fighting off cholesterol. However, it is not only good for “inner” health, but for “outer” health as well, since it can improve the skin’s condition and give it better complexion.

    Mack Shepperson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to know. I just love mushrooms! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. :)

      Delete

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...