Thursday, November 24, 2011

Orange Cranberry Sauce

This is an easy recipe with an optional version listed below depending on which ingredients you have in the house. This makes a lot of cranberry sauce, so if you have any leftover, you will definitely want to make these muffins or these muffins.
 


Ingredients:
2 8-ounce packages of cranberries
2 oranges, washed, zested, and juiced
A 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
1/2 cup coconut crystals
1/2 cup red wine

OR: 1/2 cup honey, 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, and 1 tbsp. organic raw sugar instead of the 1/2 cup coconut crystals and 1/2 cup red wine above.

How To:
Combine all in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce is boiled down to the desired consistency, about 15 minutes.

 
 
Comments: I would suggest making this a day or two ahead of time to allow the flavors to reach their maximum potential. This was a sweet and tangy cranberry sauce that I actually preferred on my cheesecake dessert. I plan to use the leftovers to make a bread or pancakes and will post the recipe when I do.

Also, I substituted candied ginger in this version because I had just made the candied ginger and was looking for things to use it in. If you do the same, use a similar sized piece of candied ginger, chopped finely, and you may want to consider lightening up on the sugar a little.

Follow me on Facebook or Google Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...