Monday, January 13, 2014

Banana Bread - More Awesome Version!

I have been making banana bread the same way for the past couple of years and I really like it, but my husband is not a huge fan. He says he likes banana bread, and then I make it, and I'm the only one that eats it. It's totally annoying. So, last week I tried a new recipe and it is AMAZING!! I liked the old recipe a lot, but we really loved the new recipe. And, I'm not the only one that eats it. In fact, I was lucky to get a slice! The new recipe is from the following link and I only modified it a little bit.



Ingredients:
1 cup coconut sugar
2 large pasture eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 tbsp whole milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup spelt flour or sprouted wheat/ white wheat flour
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt


How To:
1 . Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease (use a little butter) a loaf pan.

2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and butter (softened or melted). Then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after adding each one. Set aside.

3. In a small bowl, combine the mashed bananas and milk. Add cinnamon and mix well. Set aside.

4. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.

5. Add the banana mixture to the butter mixture and stir until combined (you can use your mixer here too). Then add the flour mixture to the banana/ butter mixture and stir (or mix) until combined. Pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake about 45 minutes to 1 hours. Bread will be done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Start testing at 45 minutes.

6. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing.

Comments:
This banana bread is very moist and delicious, especially with a little butter on top. It takes about 15 minutes of prep time. Having to dirty three different little bowls is not really my favorite method when I bake, but totally worth it for this bread. The little one called it "banana cake", and it really was that good!

 
Follow me on Facebook or Google+!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I will definetly try this out! It sounds and looks so yummy...xx

    Cris from http://makeeasycake.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it. You are the cake expert after all. You'll have to let me know what you think.

      Delete
    2. Wow...that was very flattering. Thank you, but I`m not a cake expert..yet :)). I will definitly try out some of your recipes. Keep up the good work :)

      Delete

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...