Monday, September 5, 2011

Brie with Caramelized Onions and Raspberries


This is a delicious appetizer that is very quick to throw together. I try to keep brie in the house for just this recipe.


Ingredients:
Ghee or butter
Approximately 1/2 lb brie, sliced to 1/4 inch
1 small onion, thinly sliced
About 15 raspberries
1/4 tsp ground rosemary
2 tbsp basil, chopped
Pepper to taste

Sans raspberries (it is good this way too)

How To:
1. Saute onions in ghee (or butter) over medium heat until caramelized. Stir in rosemary, basil, and pepper.

2. In the meantime, clean raspberries and pat dry. Slice brie and arrange both halves on plate.

3. Cover brie with caramelized onions, when done, and arrange raspberries on top. Serve with whole grain or flax crackers.


Comments: Quick, easy, and pretty appetizer. Very tasty treat. My dad liked this a lot (huge surprise since he's so picky)! It is really good without the raspberries too. Enjoy!

 
Follow me on Facebook or Google+!
 

6 comments:

  1. HI - I saw this at Rattlebridge and since I have never made anything with brie (and would like to) I had to come over to get the recipe. Following you now too and invite you to come and do the same if you like. Have a great weekend, Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that turkey with cranberries looks fantastic! I just love the fall recipes. I am following you now too and am looking forward to checking out your recipes.

      This brie appetizer is really easy and so good - definitely give it a shot.

      Have a great weekend as well! Linda

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda,
    I love your combination of Raspberries and Caramelized Onions, this is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It is one of my favorite appetizers and I think you'll love it too!

      Delete
  3. Wow! This sounds awesome. What a cool combination. Definitely will have to give this a try for a specula occasion. Pinning for later!

    Hope you are well, Linda! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you. I hope you are doing great as well! :)

      Delete

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...