Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pan Cake with Apples

See pear variation below.

1 large apple, diced
1 T ghee (optional, if you don't have ghee or organic butter from grass-fed cows, eliminate this ingredient)
3 eggs
1 cup milk
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt, to taste (optional)
3/4 cup spelt flour
1/3 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a 9x12 baking dish. In large bowl, mix all ingredients except apples with a hand mixer. Then add apples and stir to combine. Pour into baking dish and bake 20 to 25 min until toothpick comes out clean.

Comments: This is very easy to make and we served with turkey bacon, turkey sausage, and a little maple syrup on top. This was supposed to have pears in it (2 pears peeled and diced) but I sent my husband out to get the pears and he came back with sausage. So anyway, I had an apple on hand and made another old fashioned apple "pan cake".

Variation - I made it again this morning with two pears, diced, and I also sprinkled extra cinnamon on top as well as chopped pecans. This variation almost turns it into a dessert. It is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hello and let me know what you think! I read all my comments and would love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...